October 16, 2016

2829 Bathed in Moonlight


Obviously, this postcard has no relation to Antarctica. I applied that tag only because it was sent from there. I don't know who is the author of the photography or other details about the postcard. I know only that it was used by Arte Nova Classics label as cover for a CD containing Piano Works of Felix Mendelssohn Bartholdy.

About the stamps
On the front
The stamp, dedicated to Janis Joplin (1943-1970), is part of the series Music Icons, about which I wrote here.

On the back
The first stamp is part of the definitives series American Design, about which I wrote here. The second is part of the series Songbirds,about which I wrote here. The last, depicting C. Alfred "Chief" Anderson, is the 15th in the Distinguished Americans series, about which I wrote here.

Sender:
Sent from Amundsen-Scott South Pole Station (Antarctica), on 23.11.2015 

No comments:

Post a Comment