January 12, 2013

0464 TAIWAN - Here is Taiwan


Usually I write much or very much about the postcard that I share with you. This time I don't have much to say, especially because I talked about Taiwan when I presented a map of the island of Formosa from 1856. I would only add that I believe it will not be long until People's Republic of China and the Republic of China (Taiwan) will give up their reciprocal territorial claims, become obsolete, and they will see each of his way.

About the stamps
The first two stamps, showing Doliops similis, belong to a second set of four stamps featuring long-horned beetles, about which I wrote here.

The third is part of the first set of the same long-horned beetles series, issued on May 21, 2010:
Erythrus formosanus (NT$0.75)
Rosalia formosa conviva (NT$2.50)
Aphrodisium faldermannii yuagii (NT$5.00) - it's on the postcard
Anoplophora horsfieldi tonkinensis (NT$25.00)

References
Long-horned Beetles - Philately News

sender: Adrieene (postcrossing)
sent from Nantou (Taiwan), on 11.10.2012

No comments:

Post a Comment